Car Safety during
Reduce distractions from children and pets with road trip games, movies, and music.
Bring a cellphone and charger – not for texting, but for emergency communications.
Drive with vigilance and caution.
Combat exhaustion and drowsy driving with frequent stops and breaks.
Prepare GPS systems and back-up maps before hitting the road.
Tips for Safe Driving in the Summer
- Riding motorcycles and bikes are a popular summertime activity. Share the road and drive with caution around cyclists.
- Flip flops make for a great summer outfit, but are bad for driving.
- Consider installing car security system. Crime peaks during summer in many states.
- Avoid scorching vehicle interiors after entering a parked car by using a windshield sun shade.
- Be cautious with weight and height limits when strapping luggage or items on your roof.
- A summer playlist can be great, but never drive while distracted by music, texts, food, or anything else.