When you purchase a product, you expect it to perform at a certain level—and you certainly do not expect that product to cause injury or harm to you. Unfortunately, all too often, defective products lead to serious injuries. Those injuries may limit your activities and cause pain and suffering for weeks or months, or they may cause ongoing challenges for the rest of your life. If you suffered injuries due to a defective product, you may need an attorney to help navigate your legal claim. Contact The Champion Law Firm today at (404) 596-8044 to learn more about how we can help.
The Champion Law Firm: Your High-Quality Product Liability Defender
If you suffered injuries due to a defective product, you need an effective, efficient attorney on your side. At The Champion Law Firm, we have substantial experience in a wide range of personal injury cases, including product liability. Our past cases include substantial awards to our clients, many of whom are pleased by our goal of going the extra mile in all our cases.
Past results do not guarantee the results in your case. The amount the insurance company or associated company awards you will depend on your injuries. The severity of your injuries and how you suffered those injuries, as well as the company who created the product that caused your injuries, can all influence your eventual compensation.
Common Defective Product Injuries
Defective products can cause a wide range of injuries, depending on the type of product and how you used it at the time of the accident. Common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Third-degree burns and worse
- Severe lacerations requiring surgical intervention
- Organ damage
Who Bears Liability for a Defective Product Injury?
When you suffer injuries due to a defective product, you may need an attorney to help you more effectively determine who bears liability for your injuries. Several people in the production chain must pay attention to your product along the way: the manufacturer, the distributor, and the store that finally sold you the product, for example. In order to determine who bears liability for your defective product injuries, you must ask several questions:
- What caused the defects that made your product faulty and led to your injuries?Did the defect occur due to manufacturer error, or did you suffer injuries due to a broken product damaged in shipping or at the store?
- Who could reasonably have been expected to notice the product’s defects?To incur liability for your injuries, the responsible entity must bear a reasonable expectation that they would notice the defect at some point.
- How did your injury occur? At the time of your injury, did you use the product according to the manufacturer’s instructions? Many products carry warning labels that indicate a particular way you should use the product. If you ignore those safety precautions, you may share liability for your injuries.
Recovering Damages: What Does the Responsible Party Owe You After a Defective Product Injury?
The damages recovered for your injuries will vary based on a variety of factors. In order to recover damages for a defective product, you must suffer an injury in some form, whether physical or financial. A defective product that caused an explosion that damaged your home, for example, causes substantial financial damage, while a product that causes you to break bones causes physical injuries. Damages may include:
- Financial damages due to damaged property. Did the product defect cause excessive damages to your property? You may include those damages as part of your claim.
- Medical expenses. When a product defect causes serious injuries, you can seek compensation for your medical expenses. Your medical expenses may include immediate emergency care, long-term hospitalization, ongoing physical therapy or other care intended to help you recover from your injuries, and any modifications needed to your home or vehicle to make it possible for you to function with your injuries.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. Pain and suffering may include physical pain from injuries as well as emotional pain and suffering: inability to participate in your favorite activities or enjoy time with friends and family; suffering from a damaged home that you cannot live in; PTSD or other anxiety stemming from significant trauma from a defective product.
- Lost time at work. Did your injuries require you to miss time at work? Sometimes, serious injuries may make it impossible for you to take care of your usual work tasks, leading to forced time off work. You may also suffer permanent injuries from defective products that make it impossible for you to return to work long-term. In this case, you can include payment for lost earning potential in your claim.
Fighting for Your Claim
After you suffer serious injuries from a defective product, you might assume that the manufacturer will pay their percentage of your medical bills with little trouble. Unfortunately, many companies attempt to avoid their financial responsibilities. They may:
- Issue a low initial claim
- Try to prove you caused your own injuries by using the product inappropriately or outside product specifications
- Trying to prove your injuries do not limit you as much as you claim
How a Defective Product Attorney Can Help You
After a defective product accident, you may wonder if you really need a product liability attorney. Can they really help you? A product liability attorney can:
- Increase the compensation you receive for your injuries, even after you pay your legal fees
- Provide valuable legal advice that will help prevent you from missing any relevant points that could increase your compensation
- Communicate with the insurance company for you
- Streamline the process so that you get the funds you deserve faster
If you suffered serious injuries due to a defective product, an attorney becomes an investment. At The Champion Law Firm, we start with a free consultation to help make the initial legal contact easier for our clients.
Contact The Champion Law Firm Now
Do you need an attorney experienced in defective products? Contact The Champion Law Firm today at (404) 596-8044 to set up your initial consultation.
If you believe that you have a product liability case, contact an experienced product liability lawyer. Darl Champion at The Champion Firm, P.C., has worked on cases involving a variety of different products.
We want to help you through the entire process and put your trust back into the products that you are buying and using.
START MY CASE REVIEW NOW