Meredith Watts is a seasoned, highly-trained litigation attorney. She brings a broad range of experience to The Champion Firm, including employee rights disputes, civil rights and police brutality cases, general business disputes, and contract disputes. She provides valuable assistance to the firm through her sophisticated research and writing skills with appellate briefs and other major briefs.
Meredith’s extensive experience includes service as a judicial law clerk in federal court, where she learned the importance of clean, crisp, and compelling legal writing. After that, she worked for a top-three Atlanta law firm, gaining experience with complex business and construction disputes. In 2012, Meredith began consulting with other attorneys in Atlanta on their cases, offering research and brief writing services before moving to a boutique Decatur litigation firm. For two years, she worked on complex franchise, business, real estate, and employment litigation before opening her own firm and continuing to consult with attorneys around Atlanta.
Throughout her time in private practice, Meredith has consistently taken on pro bono clients facing issues like eviction, foreclosure, and problems with their employers. This work helped her discover her true passion for helping people harmed by their employers or government entities.
- American Constitution Society
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2006)
- Georgia Law Review (Articles Editor), National Moot Court Team (Member)
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science (2001)
- Member: Georgia Debate Union
- Georgia (2007)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2008)