What if I am injured by a hit and run driver?

If you’re injured by a hit-and-run driver, you need to talk to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible, because there are number of things that need to be done. One is gathering all the evidence, talking to witnesses, and documenting what happened. The second thing is identifying all sources of uninsured motorist coverage. When you’re in an accident with a hit-and-run driver, the hit-and-run driver is considered uninsured. He would be called a John Doe driver. We need to find all sources of uninsured motorist insurance.

That’s going to mean looking at the coverage that applies to the vehicle you’re in, any coverage that was issued in your name, or any coverage issued to any resident relatives. That’s something that’s very important. It must be done quickly, to make sure the proper insurance companies are notified in a timely manner.