Personal Injury Attorneys in Marietta
You did not cause the accident. You took the necessary steps to keep yourself safe. Unfortunately, you suffered injuries anyway—and now, you must pay the price.
That’s not fair, but if you suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. If you sustained injuries in Marietta, Georgia, you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. Contact The Champion Firm today at (404) 596-8044 to connect with experienced personal injury attorneys who can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Champion Firm: Past Experience
When it comes to personal injury claims, no lawyer can offer you a guarantee. At The Champion Firm, we fight hard to ensure that our clients have the best possible chance of obtaining the compensation they deserve. You do not just want payment for your medical bills. You also want the funds you need to start setting your life right again. Check out our past results:
- A seven-figure settlement for a customer injured in a bus crash
- $350,000 for a client who slipped on a painted surface
- $100,000 for injuries sustained in a school bus crash
Not only does The Champion Firm offer determined legal support backed by a history of past successes, but we also offer a free consultation that can help you better determine the extent of your claims and how much you deserve for your injuries. We accept our clients on a contingency fee basis, so we only receive payment if we help you recover compensation. That way we can offer help to our clients regardless of their income status.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
You suffered injuries through no fault of your own. Do you have grounds for a personal injury claim? Before you proceed, talk through the answers to these questions with an experienced attorney.
- Who caused your injury? If someone else caused your injuries, you may have grounds for a claim.
- Did the party who caused your injury have a duty of care to you? All drivers have a duty of care to help provide safe passage for everyone else on the road. In a nursing home or hospital, the doctors, nurses, and other staff have a duty of care to prevent harm and provide appropriate care for patients in that facility.
- Did you suffer an injury? Simply slipping, falling, and receiving a few bruises does not give you grounds for a personal injury claim. On the other hand, if you suffer significant injuries, including a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage as a result of your accident, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim.
Personal injuries can come in many forms. Depending on the injury you suffered and what caused it, you may face organ damage, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, burns, or amputations. Your life may undergo serious changes due to your injuries, especially if you have permanent injuries from your accident.
Understanding Legal Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
When you suffer injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you may file a claim requesting compensation for your injuries. While compensation varies based on the extent of your injuries and the insurance policy that covers the responsible party, many people ask for:
- Compensation for medical expenses accrued after the injury. In the American medical system, expenses often mount fast after an injury, from your initial emergency room visit or ambulance transport to your stay in the hospital, physical therapy for a full recovery, and skilled medical care during your recovery.
- Payment for wages lost due to your injuries. You may have to miss work due to your inability to complete your job duties or because you have appointments, surgeries, and therapy to deal with. In some cases, your injuries may permanently preclude a return to your previous job, in which case you deserve compensation for lost earning potential.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. While compensation for your lost wages and your medical bills may reflect physical expenses, evaluating your pain and suffering may present more difficulty. Often, the insurance company will base this amount on your other expenses associated with the accident, but working with a skilled lawyer may help you better increase the amount you ultimately receive.
In many cases, the insurance company may attempt to avoid paying you the full amount you deserve for your injuries. The insurance adjuster may, for example, attempt to prove that you bear responsibility for your own injuries due to your negligence or other actions. The adjuster may also attempt to catch you in a lie concerning your injuries—the adjuster may seek evidence that you had less severe injuries than you claim or that you can engage in activities that you claim your injuries prevent you from enjoying. The insurance company may also send out a low initial settlement offer after your accident when you do not know how much your injury will cost and before you have time to contact a lawyer.
When you work with a lawyer, however, you can avoid missing out on the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have grounds for a personal injury claim, you deserve an attorney who will help fight for you. Contact The Champion Firm online or call today at (404) 596-8044 to schedule your free consultation.