Everyone needs transportation. While many years ago it was possible to walk most places, this is no longer the case. Many of us find ourselves in a motor vehicle on a daily basis. Unfortunately, this type of transportation can prove to be unsafe—especially if there are a lot of drivers on the road.
There are safety precautions that you can take when driving, but this does not ensure that other drivers have taken the same precautions. If you have been in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another individual, you do not need to suffer this pain and financial distress on your own. When the accident is not your fault, there is no reason that all of this frustration and confusion should hinder your recovery.
Representing Accident Victims Across Georgia
By working with an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney, you can proceed through this process feeling more confident that you are making the right decisions and taking the best steps moving forward. At The Champion Firm, P.C., our team is experienced in dealing with all types of motor vehicle accident injury cases, from car accidents to golf cart accidents. Immediately following an accident, you should be taking time to heal, so putting your trust in our firm can be very beneficial when it comes to relieving the stress that can hinder the healing process.
If you have been in any sort of motor vehicle accident, your head is probably swirling with a variety of different questions and emotions. The most important thing is to understand that, in the right hands, you can receive the fair compensation that you deserve. The longer you wait, however, the more difficult this process can become. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, do not hesitate to call us today. Working with an attorney like Darl Champion can help you get the best possible result.
Types of Georgia Motor Vehicle Accidents That Occur
At The Champion Firm, P.C., our team can help you with any type of motor vehicle case, no matter how unique it may seem. Call us today if you have been injured in one of the following types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Car accidents. Car accidents are the most common form of motor vehicle accident. These accidents happen due to a variety of different reasons, but if you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another individual, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost time off work, and pain and suffering. Many people believe that if they have insurance, they do not need to hire an attorney following a car accident. This is not the case.
- Bicycle accidents. Bicycle accidents can be dangerous events, whether the accident involves another cyclist or a car. The reason bicycle accidents are so dangerous is because riders do not have much, if anything, protecting them from injury in a collision. Even riders wearing a helmet can sustain a traumatic brain injury in a bicycle accident.
- Bus accidents. Bus accidents can be terrifying events. Since buses are larger than passenger vehicles, they are more likely to inflict significant damages to the vehicles they strike, which also increases the likelihood of injuries. Although some may think that the large size of buses protects the bus passengers in a collision, bus passengers are not immune from injury either. This is particularly true for school bus accidents as school buses lack seat belts. Even some private buses and shuttle vans do not have seat belts to protect their passengers.
- Distracted driving accidents. If you have been involved in an accident, you may be wondering if the cause was due to a distracted driver. Distracted driving has become a serious safety issue throughout Georgia and The Champion Firm, P.C. has the experience to get you the compensation you are entitled to receive.
- DUI accidents. In Georgia, accidents caused by a drunk driver are all too common. If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident, you may have a lot of questions. It is important that you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to understand what you may be entitled to.
- Golf cart accidents. These types of accidents are not as common as your typical motor vehicle accident, but the consequences can be just as serious. Throughout the Atlanta area, many adults own golf carts for quick and cheap transportation locally. The most well-known golf cart community is Peachtree City. If you have been injured due to the negligence of a golf cart operator, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents. Riding a motorcycle is a lot more dangerous than driving any other type of motor vehicle. The driver is not protected by the surroundings of a car, and if a helmet is not worn or not worn properly, injuries can be even worse—and the possibility for fatalities rise. If you are a motorcyclist that has been hit by another driver, the chances are that you are injured to some degree. By working with The Champion Firm, P.C. you can set yourself up for a better future. You deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
- Parking lot accidents. While a parking lot may not seem like a likely place for a serious accident, it can present dangerous situations for both pedestrians and drivers. We have represented clients who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a parking lot accident. If you have been injured, you need an attorney who can advocate for you.
- Pedestrian accidents. If you have been hit by a motor vehicle while walking or standing near a roadway, it is important that you speak to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Pedestrians are more likely to be seriously injured than drivers or passengers within a vehicle, meaning that medical bills can be even higher. You should not have to pay these bills on your own.
- Trucking accidents. An accident with a big truck can cause big consequences. Tractor-trailers are much larger than passenger vehicles, and just riding beside one on the highway can be a frightening experience. When a tractor-trailer driver is negligent and causes an accident, there is a high potential for serious injuries.
- Uber accidents. As the popularity of rideshare services like Uber have increased in recent years, so have the number of car accidents involving Uber drivers. Uber has been especially popular in large cities like Atlanta and its surrounding suburban cities, such as Marietta, Smyrna, Decatur, Alpharetta, and Dunwoody. If you have been injured in an Uber accident, you may be wondering what your options are. What insurance applies if I’m a passenger in an Uber and an accident happens? What happens if an Uber driver hits me? Can I file a lawsuit against Uber?
- Lyft accidents. Lyft is another popular rideshare service operating in the in the Atlanta area. If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, you may be wondering what insurance is available and who is responsible for damages and compensation. Find out what your options are and what steps to take after a Lyft accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, whether it fits a category above or not, call The Champion Firm, P.C. today. We want to help you get through this difficult time with the most confidence and precision as possible.