Georgia Future Champions Scholarship
At The Champion Firm, P.C., we know that it is not easy to become a champion in your chosen field. It takes hours of practice, patience, and persistence. How do you embody those values? What steps are you going to take to become the best at what you do? How are you going to make yourself a champion? If you are a high school senior or college student in Georgia, and are enrolled in a two-year to four-year institution in 2018, apply today for the $1,500 The Champion Firm, P.C. - Georgia Future Champions Scholarship.
At The Champion Firm, P.C., we devote our lives to helping people throughout Georgia when they are wrongfully injured. But we know that help comes in all shapes and forms. From teachers to coaches, parents to grandparents, many people along the way influenced our education, careers, and aspirations. We too have been given assistance to achieve our education and career dreams, and we want to pay it forward to help a Georgia student achieve their own dreams.
That is why we are offering one $1,500 scholarship to help a Georgia student further his or her educational aspirations. This scholarship is open to any high school senior or college student in Georgia. He or she must be enrolled at a two-year to four-year institution for the 2018 school year. A minimum GPA is not required. Read the Instructions and Terms and Conditions for more eligibility information.
To apply, create a short (30-120 second) video telling us about how you plan to become the champion at whatever you do or plan to do. Also, tell us how this scholarship will help you reach your goals! Upload your video to YouTube.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Call (404) 596-8044
Scholarship Rules & Information
Please read the following before submitting your application.
The Champion Firm, P.C. Georgia Future Champions Scholarship is a scholarship to help a local student achieve their dreams of being a champion in their field. It is awarded through a competition sponsored and administered by The Champion Firm, P.C.
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
1. Entry Period: The deadline for all submissions is Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
2. Eligibility: The Competition is open to any high school senior or college student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two-year to four-year institution in Georgia for the upcoming 2018 semester (“Qualifying Institution”). Employees of the The Champion Firm, P.C., their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No minimum GPA is required.
3. How to Enter: Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then write a supporting essay (details on these below). Go to the application below during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out an application with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for 2018.
- Provide a link to your video.
- Upload your supporting essay.
- Please Note: Entries will not be returned.
4. Content of Entries:
- Video - Create a short video telling us about your superhero—someone who has influenced your education, career, or goals. Also describe what your dreams and goals are, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- The video can be serious, funny, inspiring – whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. The video must be 30-120 seconds in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have!
- Visit YouTube Support if you have questions about how to upload a video. If you do not have a YouTube channel, click here.
- Essay - Your essay should expand on the content of your video, and must be 400-1000 words. This includes an explanation of your goals for the future and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- Additional Requirements for Video and Essay - Both the video and the essay must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that (in the sole discretion of the The Champion Firm, P.C.) include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: All qualified submissions will be judged by the The Champion Firm, P.C. without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission best meets the following criteria will be selected as the Scholarship Winner: 1) Level of creativity of the video. 2) Level of inspiration of the message being shared in the video. 3) The Scholarship Winner will be chosen on or about two weeks after the selection date, and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
6. Award: The scholarship winner will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled in 2018. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify the The Champion Firm, P.C. no later than two months after winner’s notification so that the award may be sent to the correct entity. Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
7. General Conditions: Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of the The Champion Firm, P.C. are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and the The Champion Firm, P.C., and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: The The Champion Firm, P.C. makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. The The Champion Firm, P.C. is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should the The Champion Firm, P.C. (in their sole discretion) determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, the The Champion Firm, P.C. reserves the right to terminate the competition and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
9. Governing Law: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Fulton County, Georgia, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
10. Privacy: With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by the The Champion Firm, P.C. solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
11. Winner’s List: For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to the The Champion Firm, P.C. at the address below no later than two months after the notification of the winner.
12. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Competition is the The Champion Firm, P.C., 2675 Paces Ferry Road, Suite 260, Atlanta, GA 30339,