Vinings Premises Liability Lawyers
If you were injured on another person’s property, whether a business, a home or a piece of land, you may have what is known as a premises liability claim. Determining whether there is a premises liability claim depends on a number of factors, including the purpose of the injured person’s presence on the property, the nature of the act or condition that caused injury, and the landowner’s or occupier’s actions and/or knowledge about the condition.
Common premises liability claims result from slip and falls, dog bites, collapses of structures (such as decks, stairs or flooring), and even the failure to provide adequate security to protect patrons and visitors from criminal acts. Premises liability claims can be complicated, and it takes a skilled, knowledgeable personal injury attorney to determine whether you have a valid claim. An attorney will be able to tell you if the owner is liable and whether you should talk to the insurance companies. When you contact The Champion Firm, P.C., as soon as possible after your injury, we will take it from there.
Premises Liability Lawyers Know Common Stores Liable in Vinings
One of the more common types of premises liability claims is a slip and fall accident. Businesses are required to keep their aisles tidy, entryways clean, and checkout lines safe. When store employees fail to provide a hazard-free environment and a customer is injured as a result, the business can be held accountable for medical bills and the pain and suffering of the victim.
If you have ever walked down the aisles of any local drugstore or supermarket, you are likely aware of the potential for hazards and risks. From broken jars to unstable display cases, the sheer volume of the inventory in these stores lends itself to potential hazards. Call us if you have suffered a slip and fall at one of the following stores in the Vinings area:
We have handled slip and fall cases against these stores and others and are well prepared to take your case.
Reasons to Call A Premises Liability Lawyer in Vinings
Slip and falls are not the only way to be injured at a Vinings-area business. In any setting where an owner fails in his duty to keep others safe, a premises liability claim may apply. We have successfully handled premises liability claims in all of the following areas:
- Trampoline parks. Trampoline parks may seem like a fun new destination in suburban Vinings, but many people underestimate the nature and severity of injuries that a person can sustain there. Trampoline park injuries occur when safety precautions are not taken and include broken bones, dislocations, concussions, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and even death.
- Dog bites. Dog bites are a frequent cause of injury in Vinings. These cases may seem straightforward, but there are many factors to consider when proving liability. It is important that you have an experienced personal injury attorney to investigate and evaluate the facts of your case to determine who can be held responsible for your dog bite injury.
- Negligent security. Someone who is injured in a criminal attack on another person’s or business’s property may have what is called a negligent security case. In this type of case, an owner or occupier of land can be held liable if they failed to act reasonably to protect people on their property from a criminal attack.
- Structural collapses. When a deck, porch, or roof collapses and people are injured, it is likely that the owner of the property should have known that a danger existed. If this is the case, those who are injured may have a premises liability claim.
- Swimming pools. When private owners do not fence in their swimming pools or public pools are negligent in providing competent lifeguards, you may have a premises liability claim in the event of a drowning or near-drowning, but these cases are difficult to prove and you will need legal representation.
The Vinings Premise Liability Lawyers at The Champion Firm, P.C., Will Fight for You
Whatever the cause of your Vinings personal injury on another person’s property, you owe it to yourself to find out if you have a premises liability claim. If our experience tells us that you do not have a strong claim, we will not send you on a wild goose chase. However, if you do have a legitimate case, we will be with you every step of the way. Call today to learn more.