Personal Injury Lawyer and Accident Attorney in Austell, GA
No Fees Unless
Over $65 Million Won.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Austell
With its small-town atmosphere, tourist attractions, and easy access to major thoroughfares, a lot of things make Austell a great place. Unfortunately, it is also a place where accidents happen. When accidents happen due to someone else’s negligence and you suffer a catastrophic injury, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a case filed in civil court in which the claimant (plaintiff) seeks compensation from an at-fault party (defendant) for injuries that negligence caused. The majority of these cases resolve before they reach the courtroom through a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. However, if negotiations with the insurance company fail to yield fair compensation, or if the defendant is uninsured, then the case may go before a judge or jury to determine the award of any compensation.
Successful personal injury lawsuits hinge on the ability of the plaintiff to prove negligence. Negligence is established by showing:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care—for example, in a car accident case, the duty of care to drive safely and obey all traffic laws.
- There was a breach in the duty of care.
- This breach in the duty of care caused the accident, which led to the damages suffered by the plaintiff.
Some particulars of Georgia’s personal injury laws follow:
- The statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia is two years. You must file your lawsuit within two years of the date of your accident or the court will likely not hear your case. Plaintiffs must file personal injury claims against a city or county within six months of the date of the accident.
- Georgia enacted strict liability for dog bites, which means that the owner of a dog is liable for injuries that the dog causes when it bites someone, even if the dog had no previous history of aggression.
Types of Personal Injuries
Accidents caused by negligence can happen in many ways. We have represented clients who were injured by:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common cause of serious injuries. We have helped clients who were injured in head-on collisions, T-bone accidents, rear-end crashes, hit-and-run accidents, parking lot accidents, and accidents involving ride-shares.
- Truck accidents: Commercial trucks often weigh 20 to 30 times more than passenger cars. Accidents involving commercial trucks and passenger cars often produce catastrophic injuries.
- Bus accidents: Bus operators are not only responsible for the safety of their passengers, but also others on the road. Bus operators must follow specific rules.
- Uber/ Lyft accidents: As the popularity of these app-based rideshares has grown in recent years, so have the accidents involving rideshare drivers.
- Motorcycles lack the protective features of passenger cars, including frames, windshields, seatbelts, and airbags. This often results in severe injuries to motorcyclists when they’re in accidents.
- Bicycle accidents: If you suffered injuries due to a bicycle accident, you may not know the options available to you when it comes to seeking compensation. Let us help.
- Pedestrian accidents: Nothing protects pedestrians from the force of a car. Pedestrians injured in accidents often suffer severe injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, organ damage, amputations, and severe lacerations.
- Medical malpractice: People turn to healthcare professionals to feel better. However, sometimes the doctors and nurses cause more damage. If you’re injured by a medical error, you may qualify for compensation through a medical malpractice case.
- Premises liability: Both commercial and private property owners have a responsibility to keep visitors and guests safe, and this responsibility extends to entities managing public properties as well. Were you injured due to a hazardous condition on someone’s property? Give us a call.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents are the most common type of premises liability and can result in severe injuries, particularly with elderly people.
- Product liability: The manufacturers and distributors of products can face liability if they produce defective or dangerous products.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to collect compensation.
A Firm in Austell With Excellent Results
When selecting a firm in Austell to work with you on your personal injury case, choose one that gets results. The following examples are some of the awards we have helped our clients to obtain:
- $2,060,000 for the family of a man killed in a car wreck.
- $1,375,000 for a client who suffered a spinal injury in a rear-end crash involving a tractor-trailer.
- $1,250,000 for a client who was injured in a bus crash.
- $675,000 for a client who was injured in a golf cart accident.
- $350,000 for a client who experienced a knee cap injury in a slip and fall accident.
While these are only past results and cannot guarantee future outcomes in any particular case, our successes nonetheless speak to our commitment to securing fair compensation for our clients.
Get Help Today
Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Attorneys in Austell Can Get You
If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s reckless, careless, or intentional actions, you likely face extensive and continuous medical treatment, lost wages from time missed from work, and other costs. You may be unsure of how you’ll pay these bills, especially when you are not able to collect a paycheck. The stress and strain from an injury accident often spreads beyond just the victim, but to their family as well.
Fortunately, you have rights following an accident in Austell, and you can take action to hold the responsible party accountable for the harm they’ve caused you. You could be owed compensation such as:
- Payment for present and future medical expenses
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Payment for lost future earnings
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Punitive damages (in specific circumstances)
If you lost a loved one in an Austell accident, you could be eligible to file a wrongful death claim to secure compensation for:
- Medical costs incurred before death
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of income and support
- Loss of consortium
Many people wonder what impact their own share of negligence might have on their injury claim. Georgia is a modified comparative fault state, which means that a person cannot recover damages if they are 50 percent or more at fault for the accident.
A victim’s percentage of fault proportionally reduces the award they receive. This means that a person who is awarded $100,000 in an accident but is found to be 10 percent at fault will have their award reduced by $10,000 and would ultimately receive $90,000.
Austell Personal Injury Law Firm: Personal Injury Claim Process
After an accident in Austell, you should immediately seek medical attention and then quickly contact a personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will be able to conduct an independent investigation of your incident to determine the cause, identify all liable parties, and calculate the real value of your claim.
Your attorney will be able to send a demand letter to the party liable for your injuries to seek payment of all damages. If the responsible party refuses to pay you the fair compensation that you are owed, your lawyer may have to file a legal claim, and the case may have to go to court.
Why You Should Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Austell, GA
If you suffered serious injuries or if a close relative was killed by another party’s negligence in Austell, GA, you need an experienced injury attorney on your side. The Champion Firm, P.C. proudly represents injury victims in Austell. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Our firm’s record of success includes multiple verdicts and settlements of more than $1 million. You can have our attorneys provide a complete evaluation of your case when you call us or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.