Georgia Future Champions Scholarship
GEORGIA FUTURE CHAMPIONS SCHOLARSHIP
At The Champion Firm, our attorneys devote their lives to helping people throughout Atlanta and all across Georgia when they are wrongfully injured. However, we know help comes in many different forms. From teachers to coaches, parents to grandparents, many people along the way influenced our own education, careers, and aspirations. This scholarship is one of our ways of paying it forward to help Georgia students achieve their dreams.
Applications Are Now Open for Fall 2023
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We know that it is not easy to become a champion in your chosen field. It takes hours of practice, patience, and persistence. This scholarship is intended to help students with high character and a commitment to community service and servant leadership.
How do you embody those values? What steps are you going to take to become the best at what you do? How are you going to make yourself a champion?
The Future Champions scholarship is open to any students who are residents of Georgia and will be attending a two or four year college, university, graduate school, or law school in the United States OR out of state students who will be attending a school in Georgia. If that applies to you, apply today for the $1,500 Georgia Future Champions Scholarship!
This $1,500 one-time scholarship award will be sent directly to the registrar’s office of the winner’s college or university and can be used to cover the cost of tuition, fees, housing, and/or books up to the Cost of Attendance. This scholarship is not renewable. Applicants will need to submit an official transcript and one letter of recommendation from an employer or professor/teacher in addition to submitting an essay. Please note only students who have a 3.0 GPA or higher may apply for this scholarship.
To apply, submit the form below with a 500-1000 word essay and create a short (30-60 second) video telling us about how you plan to become a champion at whatever you do or plan to do, how this scholarship can help you reach those goals and someone who has supported you along the way. Video files or links can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please scroll down for additional details.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Please read the following before submitting your application.
The Georgia Future Champions Scholarship is a semi-annual scholarship to help a local student achieve their dreams of being a champion in their field. It is awarded through a contest sponsored and administered by The Champion Firm.
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) explain how the Scholarship Contest works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
1. Eligibility: The Future Champions scholarship contest is open to any students who are residents of Georgia and will be attending a two or four year college, university, graduate school, or law school in the United States OR out of state students who will be attending a school in Georgia (“Qualifying Institution”). Students must be a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia. Employees of the The Champion Firm, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Scholarship Contest.
2. How to Enter: Create a short video and then write a supporting essay (details on these below). Go to the application below during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out the digital form below with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for the term required.
- Provide a link to your video.
- Paste in your supporting essay.
- Please Note: Entries will not be returned and may be shared on the Firm’s social media pages.
3. Content of Entries:
- Video – Create a short video 30-60 second video telling us about someone who has influenced your education, career, or goals. Also describe what your dreams and goals are, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- The video can be serious, funny, inspiring – whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. The video must be 30-120 seconds in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with your phone!
- Essay – Your essay should expand on the content of your video, and must be 500-1000 words. This includes an explanation of your goals for the future and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- Additional Requirements for Video and Essay – Both the video and the essay must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that (in the sole discretion of the The Champion Firm) include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
4. Selection and Notification of Winner: All qualified submissions will be reviewed by the The Champion Firm team without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. Scholarship Winner will be will be notified by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
5. Award: The scholarship winner will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify the The Champion Firm no later than two months after winner’s notification so that the award may be sent to the correct entity. Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
6. General Conditions: Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of the The Champion Firm are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and the The Champion Firm, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Scholarship Contest or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
7. Limitation of Liability: The The Champion Firm, makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. The Champion Firm, is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should the The Champion Firm, (in their sole discretion) determine that the Scholarship Contest has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, the The Champion Firm, reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship Contest and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
8. Governing Law: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Scholarship Contest will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Fulton County, Georgia, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
9. Privacy: With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by the The Champion Firm, solely in connection with the Scholarship Contest will not be shared with third parties.
10. Winner’s List: For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to the The Champion Firm, at the address below no later than two months after the notification of the winner.
11. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Scholarship Contest is the The Champion Firm located at 445 Franklin Gateway SE Suite 100, Marietta GA 30067.