Kennesaw Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured in Kennesaw, GA? Help Starts with The Champion Firm
Over $100 Million Won.
With an impressive track record of life-changing results for injury victims in Kennesaw, Georgia, Metro Atlanta, and Cobb County, The Champion Firm is the right choice for your injury claim. Our team works hard to provide the recovery and service you need, answering questions via text, phone, or chat. We don’t charge a fee unless we win.
Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed.Get a Free Consult
Why Choose Our Kennesaw Injury Attorneys?
After an accident in Kennesaw, you may be left with medical bills and no way to pay them.
Add that to unexpected time off work. The Champion Firm fights aggressively on behalf of every client to hold negligent parties accountable and pursue full compensation. We don’t charge a fee unless we win, so you don’t have to worry about anything else during this stressful time.
Our personal injury attorneys have spent years building their reputations by securing millions in settlements and verdicts through:
- Client-focused service
- Compassion for the challenges you’re facing
- Aggressive representation that holds liable parties accountable
- Clear communication that keeps you updated on your case
How to Handle an Injury in Kennesaw
You have a few priorities after a serious injury. You need prompt medical treatment and to protect your right to compensation. Following these steps can help with both:
- Seek medical attention. Many injuries require quick treatment, and delaying could leave you permanently injured. Look into local facilities like Wellstar Urgent Care and Wellstar Kennestone Hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Report the accident. The appropriate authority depends on the type of accident. You’ll want to call the Kennesaw Police Department for a car accident. They’re also a good place to start if a dog bites you, but you should also call Cobb County Animal Services. If you have a premises liability claim, your fall will need to be reported to the property owner.
- Keep Your Documents. Police reports, medical reports, and injury reports will all be great tools for your attorney. Keep scanned or digital copies and physical copies.
- Take pictures. Any physical evidence you have may be useful in your injury claim. Consider taking pictures of where you got hurt, your injuries, and any nearby distractions or obstacles that may have contributed to your injuries.
- Reach out to a Kennesaw attorney. Once the liable party’s insurance company finds out that you have been injured, they’ll work to prevent you from seeking fair compensation. Our firm works to ensure that you aren’t taken advantage of.
How Were You Injured?
Over the years, our Kennesaw injury lawyers have won over $100 million for our clients. As a result, we have experience in various personal injury claims. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Animal bites. Pet owners are expected to keep their pets leashed and under control. If a dog gets away from its owner and bites you, you may be able to seek compensation.
- Car and truck collisions. Whether you’ve been rear-ended, sideswiped, or hit head-on, we can fight the insurance company for the money you are owed. We can also represent you in truck accident cases involving commercial vehicles—these collisions often cause catastrophic damage.
- Medical malpractice. When a medical care provider violates your trust and provides substandard care, you may be left with an incorrect diagnosis, permanent injuries, or surgical complications. Let us help hold them accountable.
- Motorcycle accidents. Thousands of motorcyclists are involved in crashes every single year. Our team understands the difficulties bikers face when filing a claim, and we’re here to help.
- Pedestrian and bike collisions. Careless drivers can cause serious injuries to pedestrians and bicyclists. Our goal is to help victims get the compensation they’re owed.
- Rideshare accidents. Lyft, Uber, and other rideshare services have served Kennesaw, GA, for years. If you get hurt in a crash, it’s difficult to know how to pursue compensation. Choose us to represent you.
- Slip and fall injuries. Careless homeowners and business owners can cause injuries when they fail to keep their property safe. Find out how we can help you pursue compensation after a slip and fall.
- Wrongful death. Wrongful death claims are one way for surviving family members to seek compensation after a loved one’s death.
Kennesaw Personal Injury Laws That May Apply
- Liability. You’ll need to prove that someone else was liable for your injuries to receive compensation. This involves showing that the person had a duty of care to you, that they violated that duty, that the violation led to your injuries, and that you have measurable damages.
- One bite rule for dog bites. The “one bite” rule is widely misunderstood. Under Georgia law, a pet owner can be held liable for their animal’s attacks if they know the dog is aggressive. After the dog is known to be aggressive, they must pay compensation for subsequent attacks. However, they are also liable if the dog is unleashed in violation of leash laws.
- Statute of limitations. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. There are exceptions, so it’s important to discuss your claim with a Kennesaw personal injury attorney.
- Comparative negligence. Even if you are partially responsible for an accident, you may still be able to recover compensation if you are less than 50% responsible. Up to that point, your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your share of liability.
Why Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer
Instead, hire a Kennesaw personal injury lawyer to fight for you. The benefits of retaining legal representation include:
- A thorough investigation of your accident, what caused it, and who is liable for your injuries
- Using a wide range of evidence to build a case proving the other party’s liability
- Aggressive representation during negotiations with the insurance company, ensuring that you do not have to have direct contact with them
- Competent, focused, and client-centered representation in court if your case does not settle
- Clear, prompt communication and responses to messages to keep you informed and involved.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal Injury Damages & Compensation in Kennesaw
As an accident victim, you could be entitled to several types of compensation. While a lot depends on the details of your accident, fair settlements often include compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning opportunities
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (wrongful death claims)
Sample Case Results
- $17 million for our client whose husband was killed in an accident at MARTA.
- $1.375 million settlement when our client suffered a spinal injury in a truck accident.
- More than $10 million for a seriously injured DUI accident victim.
- Over $2 million after a Fatal Rideshare Accident.
Lawsuits vs. Settlements
In many cases, the first step is filing a lawsuit. This is often necessary to get the insurance company to take your insurance claim seriously. From there, negotiations start.
Many personal injury claims end with the successful negotiation of a settlement. If not, our team proceeds with a lawsuit and plans to hold the liable party accountable in the courtroom. Settling a claim is generally much faster than going to court, but preparing for trial strengthens your position.
There are several elements involved in proving negligence under current personal injury laws, outlined below:
- The other party had a duty of care to you. For example, drivers on the road have a duty of care to others on the road—they are expected to take reasonable steps to avoid accidents.
- The other party breached that duty of care. Georgia considers whether or not someone acted as a “reasonably prudent person” would in a similar situation.
- The breach of duty led to your injuries.
- You have measurable damages for your injuries.
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Kennesaw
Our personal injury law firm serves Kennesaw, metro Atlanta, and other parts of Cobb County. As you proceed with your claim, please explore these free resources:
Ten Steps to a Successful Georgia Personal Injury Case
By Darl Champion Jr.Download Your Copy
Kennesaw Injury FAQs
How Long Do I Have to File My Lawsuit?
You typically have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit. However, this process can take a long time, so it’s recommended that you start as soon as possible after an accident.
Can I Get Compensation if I am Liable Too?
If you are partially responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, you may still be able to get compensated. However, if you are 50% or more at fault, you cannot receive compensation.
Will I Have to Go to Court?
It depends on the circumstances. Many claims are resolved through insurance settlements. However, that doesn’t mean you should avoid filing a lawsuit. Even if you file and go to court, you might still settle your before trial.
Contact The Champion Firm
Our team’s commitment to injury victims in Cobb County is unmatched. Find out how we can help you with a free consultation. We’ll discuss your accident, get more information on your injuries, and help you understand your options. Reach out and set up a 100% free consultation.
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall
Brent | Motorcycle Accident
Sandra | Car Accident
Julie | Wrongful Death
Cynthia | Car Accident