Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Marietta, GA
Injured in a motorcycle accident? Help starts with The Champion Firm.
Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed. Get a Free Consult.404-596-8044
Over $100 Million Won.
The Champion Firm has achieved tremendous results for motorcycle riders injured by someone's negligence. We help riders in Marietta and throughout the Metro Atlanta region. You pay no fees unless we win. Our team of Marietta injury lawyers is committed to the highest level of customer care and is ready to answer your questions via phone, text, or chat.
Why Choose Our Marietta Motorcycle Injury Lawyers?
We have earned a reputation for outstanding service and results after a motorcycle accident.
You have the right to pursue compensation when a reckless or negligent driver injures you. Choosing a recognized motorcycle accident law firm helps you get the best result. Our founder, accident attorney Darl Champion, is determined to pursue every dollar you deserve, and his legal team works tirelessly toward this goal.
Experience The Champion Firm Difference:
We deliver world-class customer care. You’ll get regular updates about your case, and we are never too busy to answer any additional questions or concerns. Our team of experienced accident attorneys is here to help you and your loved ones get through these tough times with compassion and personal service.
We understand complications with motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle accidents tend to involve significant injury and greater damages. Our deep knowledge of these cases is an advantage when it comes to negotiating with insurance companies. We have successfully resolved many motorcycle accidents because we aggressively pursue compensation.
Our team handles the details. The last thing you should have to do after a motorcycle accident is dealing with insurance companies or getting a police report. We take care of the paperwork, phone calls, and communication with the involved parties. Your focus should be on feeling better and taking care of your loved ones.
We prepare for trial. We know that you and your loved ones are waiting for compensation to pay for unexpected medical bills or cover lost wages. The Champion Firm has the staff and resources to get started on your case as soon as possible. We always prepare for trial so that if we have to go to court, we are ready.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Marietta, GA?
Wherever your accident happened, The Champion Firm helps motorcycle accident victims in Metro Atlanta. You should always seek medical care after a motorcycle crash. You must document your injuries as proof that the other party harmed you. A motorcycle accident attorney uses these injury reports to include with your insurance claim or trial.
Here are suggested actions for you to take after a motorcycle accident:
Take care of your injuries.
You might already be in the hospital but if you have not seen a doctor, do so right away. Some injuries, including whiplash and concussion, may not be apparent for several hours. See your doctor or another healthcare provider within 72 hours of the crash to avoid complications and more severe injury.
Collect as much evidence as possible.
It is helpful when a motorcycle accident victim takes pictures and gets the contact information from the involved parties. We know this is not always possible. You can do what you can after writing down or recording everything you remember before, during, and after the crash.
Call your insurance company but don't make a statement.
You will have to notify your insurance company, but please do not make any statements. Stick to the bare minimum and facts of the accident, such as date, time, and location. You may politely decline to answer their questions or make a statement until you have a chance to talk to a lawyer.
Refrain from posting on social media.
We know that sharing on Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms is a way of life for many people. However, we suggest that you do not post photos or comments about the accident or the other party. You could inadvertently jeopardize your chance for compensation.
Call The Champion Firm for a free consultation.
Get help from a skilled and caring accident attorney. A specialized motorcycle accident lawyer protects your rights, files your insurance claim, and demands compensation. You can also call if you're acting on an injured loved one's behalf.
Determining Liability: Who’s At-Fault for A Marietta Motorcycle Crash?
Who caused the accident? Sometimes the answer is obvious, such as a drunk driver. Other times, the solution requires a thorough investigation. A motorcycle accident lawyer examines the circumstances, timeline, and evidence to establish who is responsible. Under Georgia law, you may pursue compensation even if you played a minor role in the accident.
Don’t listen to the insurance company if they say you can’t collect compensation. Call The Champion Firm to learn how we might pursue damages for you.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Marietta, GA
- Drunk Driving Accident: Drunk drivers have slower reflexes and impaired judgment, increasing the likelihood of a serious motorcycle crash.
- Distracted Driving Accident: Distracted drivers are more likely to look away from the road, follow too closely, or fail to obey traffic signals.
- Drowsy Driving Accident: Driving when fatigued slows reflexes and delays reaction time, making it a factor in many traffic accidents.
- Head-on Collision: A head-on accident occurs when two vehicles collide at the front.
- Car Doors Opening into Motorcycle Path: Motorists who open their car door into a motorcycle’s path cause many injuries every year.
- Left-hand Turn Accidents: Almost 40 percent of all motorcycle accidents happen when a vehicle makes a left-hand turn into the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Blind Spot Accidents: Motorcycles are smaller than cars and more likely to be involved in a blind spot accident when a driver turns or changes lanes into their path.
- Fixed Objects: Careless drivers may force a motorcycle rider to react quickly to avoid a collision, only to hit a fixed object, such as a pothole or a utility pole.
- Reckless Driving: These are accidents caused by drivers who speed, disobey traffic controls, tailgate, or exhibit other examples of reckless driving.
How Much Is Your Marietta Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
You have already suffered once from a reckless or negligent driver. Our motorcycle accident lawyers help ensure that you do not suffer again by having to pay for medical care, repairs, and other expenses. We build a strong claim and can file a personal injury lawsuit to help you get compensated for these and different types of damages:
- Medical expenses (Bills now and down the line)
- Lost income (Wages you missed and will in the future)
- Property damage (To your bike or items you lost)
- Pain and suffering (the physical and emotional stress you endured)
- Funeral expenses (If your loved one was killed in a fatal crash)
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles offer little protection in a crash. The chance of suffering significant injuries is much higher for a motorcycle rider or passenger. Although helmets, protective clothing, and boots help, motorcycle accidents result in such injuries as:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Brain injuries require immediate medical care and often create long-term physical or cognitive impairment. A concussion is a milder traumatic brain injury but still requires prompt medical treatment.
- Lower Limb Bone Fractures: Many motorcycle accident victims have fractures to their hips, legs, knees, and feet due to the impact and being thrown from their bike.
- Limb Amputations: When arms, legs, hands, or feet are severely crushed, broken, or mangled, it may be medically necessary to remove the limb through amputation.
- Neck and Spine Injuries: When motorcyclists are struck by a car or ejected onto the roadway, they are at risk for neck and spine injuries that can lead to paralysis.
- Burns: Spilled gas tanks and leaks may cause burns on the face and body, with the potential for these injuries to become infected.
- Internal Bleeding and Organ Loss: These injuries occur when the rider’s skeletal system cannot protect itself from penetration or puncture, leading to internal bleeding, organ damage, or organ loss.
- Road Rash: Road rash is the informal term for the deep cuts, lacerations, and bruising that occur when the skin comes into contact with the roadway, usually at high speeds and long stretches of pavement.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a parent, spouse, or child in a motorcycle accident caused by negligence, you could recover wrongful death compensation.
Marietta Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Don’t admit fault or give a recorded statement to the insurance company. Your best course of action is hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer who understands state statutes on negligence.
Yes, you are entitled to demand compensation if you are injured in a motorcycle crash as a passenger. Your claim might be against a driver, or it could be against the person operating the motorcycle. A lawyer can identify all liable parties.
Georgia’s required auto insurance limit is low, and it’s not uncommon for motorcycle injuries to cost more than the policy limit. In this situation, talk with a lawyer about your options. You may need to rely on your insurance coverage or sue the at-fault driver personally.
There are times when no other driver was careless or reckless in causing a motorcycle wreck. However, suppose your accident was caused by poorly maintained roads, construction debris, or similar hazards. In that case, you could seek compensation from the organization responsible for road maintenance.
You usually have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. This doesn’t apply to insurance claims, though. You need to start the insurance claim process right away.
Talk with a motorcycle accident lawyer about Georgia’s wrongful death law. You and your family might be entitled to compensation for the value of your loved one’s life. Your relative’s estate might also be entitled to compensation for medical, funeral, and burial expenses.
Sometimes you must speak to the insurance company to provide basic information, such as the accident’s time, place, and location. However, you should politely decline to make any statements or give any details to the insurance company. An accident attorney may speak on your behalf or help you understand what to include when it is time to make a statement.
Your insurance company probably has a list of approved repair shops. If your motorcycle isn’t drivable, you can have it towed.
In our experience, most motorcycle accident victims are compensated through a settlement. However, The Champion Firm is always prepared to go to trial. We file a lawsuit if it is clear the other party will not negotiate in good faith.
Contact Our Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
Whether it's through an insurance claim or lawsuit, our Marietta motorcycle accident lawyers prepare for everything, so you can get back to the life you had before the accident. Most motorcycle accident cases settle, but we prepare every case for court. That doesn't mean your case will go to trial. But it can be necessary to file a lawsuit against the liable parties.
Our attorneys are as compassionate as they are determined to get you maximum compensation. The Champion Firm is known for its outstanding customer service and responsive legal care.
Help Starts with a Free Consultation
Were you injured in a Marietta motorcycle accident and looking for answers? The Champion Firm fights for people across Cobb County and throughout Georgia. Call (404) 596-8044 for a free consultation. Or, fill out our online form, and we will contact you.
Get Your Free Consult. Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed. .
What Our Clients Have to Say
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall
Brent | Motorcycle Accident
Sandra | Car Accident
Julie | Wrongful Death
Cynthia | Car Accident
Christy | Car Accident
Andy | Wrongful Death
Justin | Truck Accident