Injuries can happen to anyone, anywhere. Sometimes, you suffered injuries through no fault of your own. From construction site injuries to auto accident injuries, you may find yourself dealing with substantial consequences simply because somebody else failed to exercise proper care. Do you need help filing your personal injury claim or understanding the compensation you deserve for your injuries? Contact The Champion Firm today to schedule your free consultation.
The Champion Firm: Your Legal Champion
When you suffer serious injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you need an attorney with significant experience handling a wide range of personal injuries—a firm that understands the legal system, how to determine fault in personal injury cases, and how to deal with the legal aftermath of a personal injury case.
At The Champion Firm, we bring all of that and more to your personal injury case. We have a wide history of success with personal injury cases and experience in many areas:
- A $1,000,000 settlement for a client run over by a tractor-trailer
- More than $500,000 for a client who fractured a femur during a grocery store fall
- $90,000 for a fall from a building
At The Champion Firm, we fight hard for results regardless of the circumstances and cause of your accident. We want to provide the legal support and assistance our clients deserve after serious accidents.
Understanding Personal Injury Cases
In a personal injury case, you need three things: someone other than the injured individual who had a duty of care to prevent injury, an injury, and negligent or deliberate behavior that caused that injury. Consider:
- Nursing home abuse. In a nursing home abuse case, the nursing home and its employees have a duty to provide quality care to the seniors in the facility. When the nursing home staff abuses or neglects the residents, leading to injuries, they may face serious legal consequences, including responsibility for the injured individuals’ medical bills and compensation for their pain and suffering.
- Auto accidents. Every time you get behind the wheel of your car, you have a duty of care to everyone else on the road. You must follow the rules of the road, adhere to traffic laws, and take steps to avoid accidents if at all possible. Failure to follow those rules, either through deliberate actions or negligence, including distracted driving, makes the driver responsible for any injuries caused by the accident.
- Slip and fall accidents. Most people expect a certain level of safety when in public places—and with good reason. In a public place, you expect the employees to keep floors free of debris and hazards like water that could cause slip and fall accidents. Failure to offer those protections, including adequate signs for wet floors in the rain or after cleaning, can leave the facility responsible for slip and fall accidents.
- Medical malpractice. When you visit a doctor, you expect the doctor to provide you with a high quality of care. You expect your doctor to diagnose you accurately and provide the treatment you deserve. In some cases, however, doctors may fail in their duties of care to their patients. They may misdiagnose an illness or injury they should have diagnosed properly, based on obvious symptoms. They may fail to properly treat a patient even after an accurate diagnosis. In these cases, the doctor or hospital may bear liability for any suffering the patient experiences due to those mistakes.
To file a personal injury claim, you need proof that you sustained an injury due to the other party’s negligence. Ideally, you want to prove that you had nothing to do with causing the injury so that full blame rests with the other party. An experienced attorney knows how to shield you from counterclaims and maximize your compensation.
How Can a Lawyer Help During a Personal Injury Case?
Many people assume that hiring an attorney to advocate on their behalf will cost too much money. In truth, the cost of an attorney often more than pays for itself. Consider:
- An attorney can help substantially increase the compensation you receive for your personal injury. Often, the attorney will obtain far more than you would have received even after fees and expenses. An attorney can also help calculate your claim more fully: medical expenses, pain, and suffering, lost time at work, and lost earning potential.
- An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company for you. You do not want to waste time dealing with the insurance company, especially when you have so much to deal with already. Fortunately, a lawyer can take on many of those issues for you, freeing up your time for more important concerns.
- A lawyer can prevent you from making key mistakes in the claims process. Did you know that what you post on social media can hurt your claim? How much information should you provide when dealing with the insurance company? By working with an attorney, you can help better determine how all of these elements work together to influence your settlement of judgment.
If you find yourself worrying about attorney costs, at The Champion Firm, we begin with a free consultation for all prospective clients to help us better understand your claim. We work on a contingency fee, so we only receive a payment if we recover compensation for you. At this difficult stage in your life, paying for an attorney should not remain your most pressing concern, and we can help.