How Do I Get Money For A Hit And Run in Georgia?

Written By: The Champion Firm Team

Date Posted: 08.03.18

Category: Personal Injury Car Accident

Hit and run accidents are an unfortunate reality on today’s roadways, especially in large cities like Atlanta. If you have a hit and run accident, you may be wondering who will pay for your property damage and any bodily injuries. The first place to look is the hit and run driver. If you, or any other eyewitnesses, got any identifying information on the vehicle, such as the license plate, report it to the police immediately. The police can run the plate and figure out who owns the vehicle. In the event that the driver or owner of the vehicle cannot be located, then you will need to locate and pursue all available uninsured motorist (“UM”) coverage. There may be a variety of different UM policies that may apply to provide you coverage, including your own policy, UM that belongs to any resident relatives, and the policy for the car you were in at the time of the accident if you are not the owner. It is also important to remember that your own UM policy and the policies for any resident relatives will protect you even if you were not in a car at the time of the accident.

If you are involved in a hit and run accident in Marietta or Atlanta, it is important that you speak with an experienced car accident lawyer who can advise you of your rights. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney, call The Champion Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.C., at 404-596-8044.

About the Author

The Champion Firm is a full-service personal injury law firm serving the greater Metro Atlanta area. Our award-winning team of attorneys specializes in car accidents, wrongful death, premises liability, and slip-and-fall cases. Learn more about our team here.