Atlanta Product Liability Lawyer
Help Starts with The Champion Firm.
Over $65 Million Won.
No Fees Unless You WinGet a Free Consult
Don't settle for less if you've been injured by a defective or dangerous product. We'll answer your questions and fight for what you deserve.
Experience & Service Matter.
Atlanta Product Liability Attorney
When you purchase a product, you typically assume it will function as intended: that you will use the product safely, without it causing injury, as long as you stay within the manufacturer’s guidelines for its use. Unfortunately, it does not always work that way. Sometimes, defective products cause serious injuries that can leave you struggling with long-term impacts on your health, your physical abilities, and even your ability to continue to work.
Defective Products Cause Serious Injuries
When a defective product has more serious issues than just not working, you may find yourself dealing with considerable repercussions, including:
- Traumatic brain damage. If you strike your head at any point during your use of the product, it may cause a traumatic brain injury, including both short-term disorientation or loss of consciousness and long-term struggles with comprehension, sensory changes, and mood regulation.
- Amputations. In the blink of an eye, a defective product can sever or crush a limb beyond repair. Losing a limb can prevent you from enjoying many of the activities that once shaped your life or leave you struggling to take care of things on your own.
- Spinal cord damage. Spinal cord damage may cause temporary or long-term paralysis, depending on the severity of the injury. It can also restrict movement or lead to a lifetime of pain and struggle. Spinal cord injuries often prevent their victims from returning to their previous professions.
- Organ damage. Sometimes, malfunctioning products can cause organ damage. Organ damage may limit your entire life for a long time after the accident, leading to pain, weakness, or increased medical problems.
- Burns. Many products catch on fire when they work improperly, leaving their victims struggling with significant burns. Not only do burns cause extreme pain and infection, but they also often lead to disfigurement and scarring. Burns can limit mobility and even, in extreme cases, lead to amputation of burned areas or death.
We demand your settlement as soon as possible.
Asking for Compensation
Once you know whom to seek compensation from, you need to know what compensation you deserve for your injuries. The compensation you obtain will vary based on your injuries, the insurance policy, and, in some cases, the number of people injured by the defective product (for example, a class-action lawsuit). However, many victims of defective product injuries choose to ask for similar types of compensation.
- Compensation for medical expenses related to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
Product liability cases come in many different forms.
Types of Product Liability Cases in Atlanta.
By working with a lawyer, you can gather the right evidence against the product manufacturer, better understand the compensation you deserve and avoid mistakes that could cost you the full compensation you can obtain.
We have all heard about a product being recalled. This occurs when the manufacturer or distributing company has noticed or been alerted to some sort of defect that may be dangerous or harmful to anyone who uses it. Proving a manufacturing defect can be difficult and expensive. If you are injured by a product, it is important that you keep the product and prevent it from being altered in any way so that your product liability attorney and any potential experts can inspect it.
While manufacturing defects generally come from a safe product with faulty manufacturing, design defects are different. A design defect case is a type of product liability claim where the design of the product itself is alleged to be unreasonably dangerous. In this type of case, a product can be considered defective, even if it was made as it was intended to be made. All product liability cases are difficult, but design defect cases are particularly difficult because the manufacturer’s design decisions are being challenged. As with all product liability cases, design defect cases require a skilled product liability attorney to investigate and pursue them.
While manufacturing defects and design defects are very similar, inadequate warnings are a completely different side of product liability cases. These occur when a product lacks the appropriate warnings and instructions that are needed for safe use. Manufacturers do not have an obligation to warn about every potential danger associated with a product, such as those that are open and obvious to the user or dangers that result from an unforeseeable use of the product. However, manufacturers should provide adequate warnings and instructions of dangers that are known to the manufacturer and reasonably foreseeable. If you are injured because a product lacked proper warnings or instructions, you may be entitled to compensation through a product liability case.
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall