Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer
Help Starts with The Champion Firm.
Over $90 Million Won.
Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed.Get a Free Consult
Don’t let a negligent property owner off the hook or accept less than what's right. Let us answer your questions and fight for everything you deserve after a serious fall.
Let us explain your rights after a fall.
Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident? Our Lawyers Can Help.
You probably assumed that walking across a normal, level floor would not represent a significant hazard. Unfortunately, you may never have quite that perspective again. After a slip and fall accident, you may find yourself left with significant injuries that change the way you move through life—or the way you can’t. Did you suffer serious injuries in a slip and fall accident? You do not have to face them alone.
Injuries From Slip and Fall Accidents in Georgia
Falls are the leading cause of death in workplace injuries, accounting for almost 40 percent of job site fatalities, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. After a slip and fall, you may suffer serious injury. In many cases, those injuries lead to lifelong consequences, pain, and suffering.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Organ damage
- Severe cuts and lacerations
WATCH: What should I do after a slip and fall?
Demand what’s right if you were not at fault.
What Compensation Can You Get for a Slip and Fall Accident in Georgia?
After a slip and fall accident, you may wonder what compensation you can seek for your injuries. How far does the premises liability extend? While the funds you can receive will vary, most people seek:
- Compensation for medical bills associated with the accident. Medical bills include the cost of immediate emergency care as well as any long-term care needs, like physical therapy or ongoing hospitalization, associated with the accident.
- Payment for wages lost as a result of time the victim could not work after the accident. If you missed time at work for physical therapy, because of hospitalization, or due to the inability to work because of your injuries, you may receive compensation for that missed time.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. In addition to payment for actual financial damages, you may receive financial compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced due to your slip and fall. This can include missed opportunities and missed time with loved ones as well as physical pain and suffering.
- Payment for lost earning potential. In some cases, injuries from your slip and fall accident may permanently prevent you from returning to your previous employment. A traumatic brain injury, for example, could permanently prevent you from handling your former responsibilities, while paralysis could prevent you from returning to a physical job. In this case, you may seek payment for the lost potential to earn that money.
We fight for everything you deserve.Insurance Claims for Slip and Fall Accidents
Most facilities carry premises liability insurance designed to protect them if someone suffers an injury in their store. After a slip and fall accident, you will likely deal with the insurance company to receive compensation for your injuries. Unfortunately, many insurance companies employ common tactics to reduce the company’s financial burden—and therefore the funds you will receive. These include:
- Offering a low settlement shortly after your accident. The company may pressure you to sign the offer quickly in order to decrease their burden.
- Trying to prove your injuries occurred at another time, rather than during the accident.
- Trying to shift liability to you by proving you entered an area you should not have entered or engaged in horseplay in the facility.
- Attempting to prove that your injuries cause you less trouble than you claim.
Working with an attorney is the best way to fight an insurance adjuster determined to shortchange you after your accident.
A slip and fall accident attorney sounds expensive. At The Champion Firm, we start by offering a free consultation that allows us to decide if our clients have a solid claim. We work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury cases, meaning we only get paid if we recover compensation for you.
Contact an Atlanta Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you have been injured after a fall on someone else's property, contact our slip and fall accident lawyers for a free initial consultation. Our attorneys will review the details of your case and advise you of your legal options.
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall
Brent | Motorcycle Accident
Sandra | Car Accident
Julie | Wrongful Death
Cynthia | Car Accident