Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer
Help Starts with The Champion Firm.
Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed. Get a Free Consult.404-948-4314
Over $100 Million Won.
Don’t let a negligent property owner off the hook or accept less than what's right. Let our slip and fall attorneys in Atlanta, GA answer your questions and fight for everything you deserve after a serious fall.
Let us explain your rights after a fall.
Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident? Our Lawyers Can Help.
You probably assumed that walking across a normal, level floor would not represent a significant hazard. Unfortunately, you may never have quite that perspective again. After a slip and fall accident in Atlanta you may find yourself left with significant injuries that change the way you move through life—or the way you can’t. Did you suffer serious injuries in a slip and fall accident in Atlanta, Fulton County, or elsewhere in Georgia? You do not have to face them alone. Our Atlanta slip and fall accident lawyers offer free consultations, have recovered millions of dollars for slip and fall injury victims in Georgia courts, and work on a contingency fee basis. Call today. 404-948-4314.
Establishing Liability in an Atlanta Slip and Fall Claim
Georgia law states that property owners may be liable for damages if an individual is injured on their property. However, the landowner’s liability depends on the victim’s status on the property at the time of the slip and fall accident. In Georgia, you could be classified as one of the following entrants:
- Invitees – An invitee is someone who enters a property with the owner’s express or implied invitation. For example, customers at a Sam’s Club, Publix, or another store are considered invitees. Landowners owe the highest duty of care to invitees.
- Licensees – Like invitees, licensees are able to enter a landowner’s property. However, licensees only enter a property for their own interests or convenience, such as a social guest. Property owners should ensure that licensees aren’t exposed to harm.
- Trespassers – A trespasser is an unlawful entrant. Therefore, landowners only owe trespassers a duty to not willfully harm them. Trespassers might be unable to collect compensation if they’re injured on someone else’s property.
- The property owner owed you a duty of care
- The owner breached their duty
- This breach of duty caused your accident
- Your accident resulted in monetary and non-monetary damages
Who’s Liable for a Slip & Fall at Work in Atlanta?
If you slip and fall at work in Georgia, you would recover compensation through your workers’ comp benefits. All Georgia employers are required to provide workers’ comp insurance in the event of an on-the-job injury. You don’t have to prove fault to collect workers’ comp benefits either, and this insurance will help pay for your medical bills and lost wages while you recover from your injuries.
Injuries From Slip and Fall Accidents in Atlanta, Georgia
Falls are the leading cause of death in workplace injuries, accounting for almost 40 percent of job site fatalities, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. After a slip and fall, you may suffer serious injury. In many cases, those injuries lead to lifelong consequences, pain, and suffering. Common injuries after a slip and fall accident in Atlanta include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Leg and knee injuries
- Organ damage
- Severe cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Broken and fractured bones
- Knee injuries and Joint injuries
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Atlanta, GA
Slip and fall accidents in Atlanta can happen in many different places for many different reasons. However, some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents in Atlanta are the following:
- Building Violations
- Wet Floors
- Poorly Lit Stairs
- Uneven Sidewalks
- Lack of Guardrails
- Poorly Maintained Parking Lots
WATCH: What should I do after a slip and fall?
Demand what’s right if you were not at fault.
What Compensation Can You Get for a Slip and Fall Accident in Atlanta, GA?
After a slip and fall accident in Atlanta, you may wonder what compensation you can seek for your injuries. How far does the premises liability extend? While the funds you can receive after an Atlanta slip and fall accident will vary, most people seek the following damages in slip and fall cases:
- Compensation for medical bills associated with the accident. Medical bills include the cost of immediate emergency care as well as any long-term care needs, like physical therapy or ongoing hospitalization, associated with the accident.
- Payment for wages lost as a result of time the victim could not work after the accident. If you missed time at work for physical therapy, because of hospitalization, or due to the inability to work because of your injuries, you may receive compensation for that missed time.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. In addition to payment for actual financial damages, you may receive financial compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced due to your slip and fall accident. This can include missed opportunities and missed time with loved ones as well as physical pain and suffering.
- Payment for lost earning potential. In some cases, injuries from your slip and fall accident may permanently prevent you from returning to your previous employment. A traumatic brain injury, for example, could permanently prevent you from handling your former responsibilities, while paralysis could prevent you from returning to a physical job. In this case, you may seek payment for the lost potential to earn that money.
We fight for everything you deserve.Insurance Claims for Slip and Fall Accidents
Most facilities carry premises liability insurance designed to protect them if someone suffers an injury in their store. After a slip and fall accident, you will likely deal with the insurance company to receive compensation for your injuries. Unfortunately, many insurance companies employ common tactics to reduce the company’s financial burden—and therefore the funds you will receive. These include:
- Offering a low settlement shortly after your accident. The company may pressure you to sign the offer quickly in order to decrease their burden.
- Trying to prove your injuries occurred at another time, rather than during the accident.
- Trying to shift liability to you by proving you entered an area you should not have entered or engaged in horseplay in the facility.
- Attempting to prove that your injuries cause you less trouble than you claim.
Working with an Atlanta slip and fall attorney is the best way to fight an insurance adjuster determined to shortchange you after your accident.
A slip and fall accident attorney sounds expensive. At The Champion Firm, we start by offering a free consultation that allows us to decide if our clients have a solid personal injury claim. Our slip and fall injury lawyers in Atlanta work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury cases, meaning we only get paid if we recover compensation for you.
The places you can experience a slip and fall accident in Atlanta include but are not limited to:
- Parking lots
- Sporting venues
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Bars and clubs
Generally speaking, money paid on account of personal injury is not taxable. However, we are not tax attorneys nor are we CPAs, so we would advise that you discuss your situation with a tax expert to be certain.
WATCH: Will my settlement money be taxed?
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney in Atlanta, GA Today
If you have been injured after a fall on someone else's property, contact our Atlanta slip and fall accident lawyers for a free initial consultation. Our trip and fall attorneys will review the details of your case and advise you of your legal options.
What Our Clients Have to Say
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall
Brent | Motorcycle Accident
Sandra | Car Accident
Julie | Wrongful Death
Cynthia | Car Accident
Christy | Car Accident
Andy | Wrongful Death