Sam’s Club Slip and Fall Claims in Atlanta
Pay nothing until you win.
Over $100 Million Won.
Most of us love big box stores because we can save money and time while stocking up on everything from dog food and diapers to canned green beans and Fruit Loops. However, places like Sam’s Club must be careful because of the potential for premises liability lawsuits regarding slips, trips, and falls in their stores.
If you follow the news, you will see thousands of slip and fall cases being filed throughout the United States, including in Atlanta, GA, against commercial owners like Sam’s Club. Premises liability insurers and attorneys are aggressively fighting slip and fall claims because plaintiffs are winning substantial jury awards for their injuries. If you suffered from a slip and fall accident in Atlanta, Georgia, contact The Champion Firm to schedule your free consultation.
Why Choose the Champion Firm
To get the financial compensation you need to recover, you need the right slip and fall attorney.
The Champion Firm difference:
- $90,000,000+ in personal injury settlements and verdicts.
- We help get the compensation you need through settlement or a trial.
- We value good communication and will update you each step of the way.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club is different than other grocery stores because of how it’s set up. It feels and looks more like a warehouse compared to other well-known stores like Publix. Tall shelves and aisles with high foot traffic all increase the risk for slip and fall accidents. Your accident might have been caused by:
- Spilled liquids in the aisle
- Wet floors in areas of high foot traffic on a rainy day
- Fallen merchandise in the middle of the aisle
- Employees leaving merchandise in the aisle while they’re stocking shelves
- Electrical cords running through walkways
Common Injuries Due to Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident should not be taken lightly. Common injuries and damages associated with an Atlanta slip and fall case include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injures
- Severe contusions
- Internal bleeding and/or internal organ damage
- Fractured bones
- Severe lacerations
The value of a slip and fall claim in a Sam’s Club in Atlanta, Georgia could potentially reach into the tens of thousands of dollars or even in the millions of dollars. For that reason, property owners and their attorneys will use every defense available to them to decrease the amount of money they must pay on your claim. Your best chance is to hire an experienced Atlanta slip and fall attorney immediately.
Establishing Liability in a Sam’s Club Slip and Fall Case
Sam’s Club, like other grocery stores, has a duty to ensure that all entrants are safe from any hazards on their property. That means Sam’s Club and their employees must promptly respond to spills in aisles, use wet floor signs, and safely stock shelves to avoid any chance of a slip and fall accident. If customers are injured while on Sam’s Club’s property, they could be entitled to compensation if Sam’s Club’s negligence caused their slip and fall.
To establish liability in your slip and fall case, you must prove the four elements of negligence, which are as follows:
- Sam’s Club owed you a duty of care
- Sam’s Club breached their duty of care
- This breach caused your injuries
- Your injuries resulted in monetary and non-monetary damages
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Sam’s Club Slip and Fall?
If you slipped and fell at a Sam’s Club in Atlanta, you’re probably dealing with several monetary and non-monetary damages that require financial compensation, including:
- Current and Ongoing Medical Bills
- Physical Pain
- Mental Suffering
- Lost Earning Potential
- Lost Wages
- Diminished Quality of Life
- Funeral and burial expenses if a loved one died as a result of their injuries
What to Do After a Slip and Fall at Sam’s Club
To ensure you recover fully from your accident, follow these steps:
- Get Medical Attention – Contact 911 and seek prompt medical care. You might not experience the full extent of your injuries for hours or days after the accident. That’s why you should get evaluated by a doctor to make sure you don’t have any underlying injuries. Be sure to keep all medical records from your visit to prove your injuries.
- Gather Evidence – If you can, take photos and videos of the accident scene. You should also collect contact information from anyone who witnessed the accident. Their testimony could help strengthen your claim.
- Document Your Injuries – Keep a post-accident journal and document your recovery journey. This could show how your injuries have impacted your life.
- Keep Record of Your Lost Wages – You could miss several days or weeks of work due to your injuries. Document your lost wages and the time you missed from work.
Defenses to Georgia Slip and Fall Claims
Property owners and their insurers try to use a variety of defenses to reduce their liability. One defense includes blaming the person for the accident and injury. A slip and fall case ended with a woman receiving over $880,000 in a jury award even though the defense argued that the box in the floor that was used as a doorstop had been there for a very long time and the woman saw the box on the way out. Because she knew the box was there and fell on her way out, the store argued it was not liable. The jury disagreed.
In another slip and fall case, a man fell as he was going down the steps to reach a United Postal Service mailbox. He slid on ice on the steps and suffered injuries. He sued the post office alleging that it had failed to keep the area around the mailbox clear and safe. Even though the case settled out of court, the defense could have tried to argue at trial that the property owner had no control over the weather conditions and, therefore, it could not be held liable for the damages.
Sam’s Club Slip and Fall FAQs
What if I Fall in the Sam’s Club Parking Lot?
Sam’s Club has a duty to keep their entire premise safe from hazards, which includes the parking lot. If you slipped and fell in the parking lot, Sam’s Club could still be liable for your damages.
What if Sam’s Club Tries to Blame Me for My Injuries?
As stated, Sam’s Club might claim that you were partially or fully responsible for your slip and fall accident. If this happens, let your attorney know and they will handle all communications with Sam’s Club’s insurer.
How Long Does a Slip and Fall Case Take to Settle?
It’s hard to tell exactly how long your slip and fall case will take to settle. These cases range in severity and could last anywhere from a few months to several years. Your attorney could give you a better idea of how long your case will take once they review the details.
Have You Been Injured in an Atlanta Slip and Fall Accident?
You need an aggressive, skilled, and experienced Georgia slip and fall attorney to fight the property owner and its insurance company to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement for your injuries. We will not stop fighting until we exhaust every avenue to ensure you receive the maximum compensation allowable by Georgia slip and fall laws.
Contact an accident injury attorney at The Champion Firm, P.C., by calling 404-596-8044 for more information about premises liability and your right to receive compensation.