Local news station WSB-TV just released its list of the most dangerous intersections in the Atlanta metro area. Only one of the intersections in the top 10 most dangerous list was actually inside the city of Atlanta. The rest were located in surrounding cities and counties in the metro area. The news channel’s research revealed 615 different intersections that averaged at least 2 crashes a week during the time period that was analyzed. The top 5 most dangerous intersections based on the number of crashes were ranked in the following list:
- Memorial Drive and N Road, Stone Mountain: 22 accidents.
- East Park Place & Stone Mountain Hwy, Stone Mountain: 20 accidents.
- Covington Highway and Lithonia Rd, Lithonia: 19 accidents.
- Cobb Place Blvd. and Earnest Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw: 18 accidents.
- Jimmy Carter Blvd. and Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross: 17 accidents.
These dangerous intersections are spread throughout the Atlanta area. Stone Mountain and Lithonia are located in DeKalb County, Kennesaw is in Cobb County, and Norcross is in Gwinnett County.
Drivers should always use caution and be alert to their surroundings, but if you find yourself navigating one of these dangerous intersections, be sure to use extra caution.