Marietta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Our attorneys have a deep understanding of Georgia's laws and regulations related to bicycle accidents.
Pay nothing until you win. Guaranteed. Get a Free Consult.404-596-8044
Over $100 Million Won.
At The Champion Firm, we understand the challenges that bicycle accident victims face and we are here to help.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Marietta, GA
Marietta offers a variety of beautiful areas for biking, including Marietta Square, the scenic Silver Comet Trail, and busy thoroughfares like Roswell Road and Cobb Parkway. While Marietta’s bike-friendly community encourages cycling enthusiasts to explore its diverse landscapes, accidents can happen anywhere cyclists share the road with motor vehicles.
Unfortunately, this mix of bike-friendly zones and traffic can lead to bicycle accidents, resulting in devastating injuries. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bicycle accident in Marietta, have an experienced Marietta bicycle accident lawyer protect your rights and aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
At The Champion Firm, we understand the challenges that bicycle accident victims face and we are here to help. Our attorneys have a deep understanding of Georgia’s laws and regulations related to bicycle accidents, and we are committed to advocating for the rights and well-being of our clients.
Whether your accident occurred on Whitlock Avenue, near Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, or in any other area of Marietta, we are prepared to provide the legal expertise and support you need during this difficult time.
Why Choose The Champion Firm for Your Marietta Bicycle Accident Claim?
At The Champion Firm, we believe that accident victims injured due to another person’s negligence deserve high-quality legal representation. That’s why, when you retain our services, we make it a point to prioritize your well-being.
We provide personalized attention and support throughout the legal process to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Because of this approach, our personal injury attorneys have built a strong history of securing substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients.
At The Champion Firm, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that bicycle accident injuries can take on individuals and families. We approach each case with compassion and empathy.
We conduct meticulous investigations into your case to build a strong and compelling argument on your behalf. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to get you a fair and just settlement that covers all your damages, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
And if negotiations do not lead to a satisfactory resolution, The Champion Firm is prepared to take your case to court. We are experienced litigators who will vigorously advocate for your rights and interests in the courtroom.
We offer a free consultation to discuss your case. If you hire us, you won’t have to worry about upfront legal fees. The Champion Firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay attorney fees if we successfully recover compensation for you. Contact us today, and let us put our resources to work for you.
Marietta, Georgia Bicycle Accident Laws
Bicycle laws in Georgia are fairly comprehensive and cover many aspects of safe cycling, including equipment, operation, and interaction with other vehicles. But motor vehicle drivers also have several key responsibilities to ensure when sharing the road with bicyclists to help ensure their safety.
Yielding the Right of Way:
- Dedicated bike lanes: Yield to bicyclists within designated bike lanes. Treat them as you would another lane of traffic.
- Intersections and crosswalks: Stop and yield to bicyclists crossing the street or entering an intersection, just as you would for any other vehicle.
- Turning: When turning left or right, be extra cautious and yield to bicyclists who may be riding in your intended path.
- Minimum distance: Maintain at least a three-foot clearance between your vehicle and a bicyclist when passing, regardless of the speed limit.
- Lane changing: If possible, change lanes to avoid passing a bicyclist closely. Only pass when it’s safe and legal.
- Slow down: Reduce your speed significantly before passing, especially in areas with limited visibility.
- Maintain awareness: Actively look for bicyclists, especially when entering or exiting driveways, changing lanes, or opening car doors.
- Avoid distractions: Don’t use your phone or other devices while driving, as it can impair your ability to react to cyclists.
- Respect all traffic signals and signs: This includes yield signs, stop signs, and traffic lights that apply to both vehicles and bicycles.
The Champion Firm - Meet Attorney Darl Champion
Do I Have Grounds to Bring a Bicycle Accident Case?
To have a successful bicycle accident claim, you typically must prove the driver who hit you had acted negligently.
To prove this, you must establish:
- Duty of Care: The first element involves demonstrating that the defendant (the party you’re holding responsible) owed a duty of care to you as a cyclist. In the context of a bicycle accident, this typically means showing that the defendant had a legal obligation to exercise reasonable care to prevent harm to others, including cyclists.
- Breach of Duty: You must establish that the defendant breached the duty of care owed to you. This means demonstrating that the defendant’s actions or failure to act fell below the standard of reasonable care expected in the circumstances. For example, if a motorist failed to yield the right of way to a cyclist when required by traffic laws, it could be considered a breach of duty.
- Causation: You must prove that the defendant’s breach of duty caused your injuries and damages. In other words, you must show a direct link between the defendant’s actions and your bicycle accident. If the defendant’s breach of duty did not cause your injuries, your claim may not succeed.
- Damages: To have a valid claim, you must have suffered actual damages as a result of the bicycle accident. These damages can include medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, lost income, and other tangible or intangible losses. Without provable damages, you may not have a viable negligence claim.
An experienced bicycle accident attorney from The Champion Firm can be invaluable in establishing liability, navigating the legal process, and maximizing your chances of a successful outcome. Contact us today to discuss your case.
Who May I Hold Liable for My Bicycle Accident Injuries?
The parties you may hold liable for your bicycle accident injuries can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the accident. Here are some potential parties who you could hold liable:
If a motorist’s negligence or reckless behavior led to your bicycle accident, you may have a claim against the driver of the motor vehicle. This can include cases where a driver failed to yield the right of way, ran a red light or stop sign, was speeding, or engaged in distracted driving.
In some cases, property owners may be liable if a hazardous condition on their property, such as a poorly maintained sidewalk or a dangerous driveway entrance, contributed to your accident.
Bicycle or Vehicle Manufacturers
If a defect in your bicycle or a motor vehicle played a role in the accident, you might have a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor of the defective product.
Local Government or Agencies
If the condition of the road or infrastructure was a contributing factor to the accident, you may have a claim against the local government or relevant agency responsible for maintaining the road or infrastructure.
Other Cyclists or Pedestrians
In some situations, another cyclist, pedestrian, or individual may be partially or wholly responsible for your accident due to their negligent actions.
If the at-fault party was operating a vehicle as part of their job duties, their employer may also be held liable under the legal principle of vicarious liability.
Depending on the circumstances, there could be other third parties who contributed to the accident, such as contractors responsible for road work, and they may be liable as well.
How Can a Lawyer from The Champion Firm Help with My Marietta Bicycle Accident Claim?
If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident in Marietta and are considering seeking legal assistance from The Champion Firm, here’s how our lawyer can help with your bicycle accident claim:
The Champion Firm’s personal injury lawyers have a deep understanding of Georgia’s relevant laws and regulations and can use this knowledge to assess the strength of your claim and determine the best course of action.
Your lawyer will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your bicycle accident. This includes gathering evidence, speaking to witnesses, obtaining accident reports, and reviewing medical records to establish liability and build a strong case.
Your attorney will identify the responsible parties, whether it’s a negligent motorist, property owner, or another entity. They will work to prove that the at-fault party’s actions or negligence led to your injuries.
Our lawyers are skilled negotiators and will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Insurance companies may try to offer you a low settlement, but an experienced attorney can negotiate for a fair and just settlement that covers your medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, lost income, and other damages.
If necessary, your attorney will file a lawsuit and represent you in court. Litigation may be required if the responsible party’s insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement or if liability is disputed.
Advocacy and Support
Your lawyer will provide you with guidance and support throughout the entire legal process. They will advocate for your rights and interests, allowing you to focus on your recovery while they handle the legal aspects of your case.
The goal of The Champion Firm is to help you obtain the maximum compensation available for your bicycle accident injuries. We will assess all potential sources of compensation and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses.
No Upfront Costs
Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t pay attorney fees upfront. Instead, your attorney’s fees are contingent on obtaining a settlement or favorable verdict on your behalf. If we don’t win your case, you generally won’t owe attorney fees.
Contact the Bicycle Accident Lawyers at The Champion Firm Today
The Marietta personal injury attorneys at The Champion Firm understand the physical, emotional, and financial challenges you may face after a bicycle accident.
Our experienced attorneys are committed to easing your burdens and fighting tirelessly on your behalf. Whether your accident occurred on the scenic Marietta Square, the Silver Comet Trail, or any other area in Marietta, we are here to champion your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
After a bicycle accident in Marietta, don't wait to seek the help you need. Contact The Champion Firm today at (404) 948-3734 or through our online form for a free consultation. Let us work tirelessly to champion your cause and secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
The Champion Firm – Marietta Office
445 Franklin Gateway SE Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
Ph: (404) 737-8901
What Our Clients Have to Say
Dajaneshia | Car Accident
Michael | Car Accident
Natalia | Premises Liability
Robyn | Slip and Fall
Jake | Car Accident
Sue | Slip and Fall
Judith | Medical Malpractice
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accidents
Wanda | Wrongful Death
Champion Firm Client | Motor Vehicle Accident
Walter | Motor Vehicle Accident
Michael | Slip & Fall
Brent | Motorcycle Accident
Sandra | Car Accident
Julie | Wrongful Death
Cynthia | Car Accident
Christy | Car Accident
Andy | Wrongful Death
Justin | Truck Accident
Chad | Truck Accident