Champion is here to hold negligent drivers accountable.
Hurt in a T-Bone Crash? Call Our Atlanta Injury Lawyers
T-bone accidents are often devastating car crashes. If someone’s negligence hurt you, you’re entitled to pursue a personal injury claim for your damages. The Champion Firm is here to fight for you. We can help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our team of experienced T-bone accident lawyers will work tirelessly to hold the responsible party accountable.
Let us help organize your claim and seek the maximum settlement possible. With a history of fighting for Georgia car accident victims and a record of securing fair and full compensation, you can reach us online or at 404-498-4314. We offer 100% free initial consultations and no costs until we win.
Atlanta T-Bone Car Accidents
According to the National Security Council, up to 8% of all deaths in traffic accidents are caused by sideswipes or T-bone collisions. T-bone crashes are also called side-impact or broadside collisions. They are some of the most dangerous collisions. These accidents happen when one vehicle hits another from the side, making a “T” shape.
Even at slow speeds, these crashes can severely hurt you and any of your passengers. You can expect your car to be damaged. Damages will vary between crashes, and reaction time and speed can affect the outcome in a T-bone accident.
Injuries Common in T-Bone Crashes
Like other car crashes, T-bone accidents can cause broken bones. They are especially dangerous because side impacts will send your body in a different direction than you were going, leading to various injuries.
T-bone accidents in Atlanta can cause injuries like:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Internal organ injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal cord Injuries
- Back injuries
There are treatments to help you recover from some injuries, like broken bones. However, some injuries caused by a side-impact crash have permanent effects. Someone paralyzed can manage their injury but may not recover to the same condition as before the crash. Treating injuries after a T-bone accident can be expensive. If someone’s negligence hurt you, you can pursue compensation from them.
Compensation After T-Bone Accidents
Under Georgia law, you may be entitled to compensation for expenses related to your crash. You can pursue your economic and non-economic losses. Your economic losses are your out-of-pocket expenses. Things like your medical bills, lost income, or property damage can be included in a claim against the at-fault driver. You can use your medical records and other reports to prove how much the defendant owes you.
Non-economic losses can be more challenging to calculate. These are conceptual losses that have affected you, sometimes caused by the economic losses you’ve faced. You can pursue pain and suffering losses caused by the stress of the crash. You can even seek compensation for your loss of consortium or ability to socialize. A personal injury lawyer can explain how to pursue these losses and show how you were affected by the crash.
Filing a T-Bone Accident Claim
Filing a T-bone accident claim involves several key steps. The specific process can vary depending on your circumstances, but after a T-bone accident, you should:
- Seek medical attention – The first and most crucial step is to get treated for any injuries sustained in the accident. Your health and well-being are your top priority. A medical provider can establish the extent of your injuries and confirm the crash caused them.
- Document the accident – Gather as much evidence as possible. Photos of the vehicles involved, skid marks, traffic signs, and your injuries are essential. If you can, collect contact information from witnesses.
- Contact a T-bone accident attorney in Atlanta – You should consult a personal injury law firm to guide you through your next steps. They can assess whether you have grounds for a civil case or insurance claim, determine liability, and help protect your rights and interests.
- Investigate and gather evidence – Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to gather evidence to support your T-bone accident claim. They can use police and crash reports, obtain video footage of the collision, analyze medical records, and consult accident reconstruction experts.
- Negotiate and prepare for trial – With your evidence prepared, your attorney will communicate with the insurance company or the at-fault party’s defense to negotiate a settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, or the liable party is uninsured, you may need to file a lawsuit.
- Settlement or trial – If a settlement is reached, your T-bone accident lawyer will help you review the details to ensure your best interests are met. If your case needs to go to trial, your attorney will present your case before a judge and jury, advocating for your right to maximum reimbursement for your damages.
Remember that each case is unique. The process may differ based on your circumstances. Consulting with a dedicated T-bone accident attorney at The Champion Firm is crucial to ensure you are awarded total compensation for your suffering.
Factors That Affect a T-Bone Accident Claim
Multiple factors can impact how your T-bone accident claim or lawsuit plays out. Several laws and regulations influence your right to compensation, the value of your case, and how long you have to get started.
For instance, Georgia’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the accident. That is a two-year deadline to file a lawsuit. You probably won’t be compensated for your losses if you miss it. There are some exceptions, but it’s better to get started sooner rather than later.
The state also follows a modified comparative negligence law. If it’s found that you share fault for your crash, you could see your compensation reduced. You can pursue a personal injury claim if you share less than 49% fault for your losses. Any higher, and you cannot pursue a claim. If you were using your phone before you were hit by another car, you might be 20% responsible for your T-bone crash. If you are awarded damages, they will be reduced by 20% because that’s how much fault you share. So, if you were awarded $1 million, you’d receive $800,000.
Several other factors can also influence the outcome of your T-bone accident case. Multiple parties could be responsible for the crash, or the at-fault party might have a policy that fails to cover your damages. Having an experienced lawyer after a T-bone collision can protect your rights so you can fully hold the liable party accountable.
An Atlanta T-Bone Accident Lawyer Can Help
An Atlanta T-bone accident lawyer from The Champion Firm can assist injury victims in their most significant time of need. Our dedicated legal team is here to help you face the challenges of your claim. We offer comprehensive legal guidance and support to help you navigate the T-bone accident claims process and maximize your chances of recovering fair compensation.
Our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation into the T-bone accident. We also gather crucial evidence to establish liability. We will handle all communication with insurance companies and liable parties on your behalf and protect your rights along the way. We can help calculate the total value of your injuries and losses so you can seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Beyond the legalities, our compassionate attorneys provide the support you will need throughout your recovery. We can connect you with trusted medical professionals, therapists, and rehabilitation services so you can regain your quality of life.
Call The Champion Firm Today
Our experienced T-bone accident lawyers understand your physical, emotional, and financial burdens. With our record of success in T-bone claims, we will tirelessly fight to hold the negligent party accountable and secure all the compensation you deserve.